Sunday 16 April 2017

PARIS IN FOUR DAYS


     I don't know why it took me this long to write this blog entry. Is it because I don't want the memories to fade away and I still crave for a small trip somewhere in the world? This morning I have been watching some amazing travel youtube videos from Asia. I've seen clips from Vietnam, Korea and Japan and all I want to do is book a ticket and get the next plane to somewhere. 
     Last month, I was again in Paris, following my dad for 4 days to a city we've been together for many, many times and by ourselves. But everytime we go to Paris, I don't know why, we find new things to see, explore and...eat. I like to stay away from the more touristic places, since I've been to them so many times. Also, I don't like telling people "Go to this place or go to that cafeteria serving brunch", because everyone is different and Paris is such a big city, you can't go to everything at once. 





     This time I tried to visit areas around Paris and go where my instincts (and map) tell me. I went further up "la place de la Republique", towards the canal Saint-Martin, I explored Marais by going into small streets. I then found myself devouring chocolates at a place next to Saint Paul. It was a real blast! I felt like a local and daydreamed about having my own apartment in this city (though I certainly can't afford it now) and living on "fromage et baguette". I know that sometimes I annoy people with how much I blab about the french culture and everything about Paris. But do you know anyone resisting a bite of buttery croissant? If you find someone, please try to guide him/her to the righteous path...





I will try and list a few places you can go if you are new to Paris. Like sightseeing, shopping and eating.

Places for touristic pleasures

- Louvre
- Musée d´Orsay
- Notre Dame
- Sacre Coeur et Montmatre
- Tour Eiffel
- Centre Pompidou
- Château de Versailles et les jardins de Marie-Antoinette
- Arc du Triomphe 
- Pont Neuf
- Pont des Arts
- Les jardins des Tuileries
- Place des Vosges 
- Place de la Republique

Streets for flâneurs (someone who strolls around taking in the beauties of surrounding)

- Rue de Rivoli
- Rue Lucien Sampaix
- Boulevard Saint-Germain
- Avenue Lerdu Rollin 
- Avenue Champs-Elysees 
- Rue des Berres
- Rue Montorgueil
- Rue Crémieux (it's like Notting Hill in Paris)
- Quai de Jemmapes

...and many more!!!

A few cafés to have your coffee and croissant 

- "Du pain et des idées" at 34 rue Yves Toudic
- "Fragments" at 76 rue des Tournelles
- "Buvette" at 28 rue Henry Monnier 
- "Passager" at 107 avenue Lerdu-Rollin
- "Hollybelly" at 19 rue Lucien Sampaix (a bit crowdy during Sundays)

For sweet-tooths

- "La maison du chou" at 7 Rue de Furstenberg
- "Laduree" at 18 Rue Royale
- "Maison Chaudun" at 149 Rue de l'Université
- "Angelina" at 226 rue de Rivoli
- "Le chocolat Alain Ducasse" at 40 Rue de la Roquette



     There are so many more places to visit and enjoy in Paris. I hope you can visit some of those I have suggested and add some more to your list from your walks around the city. Whatever you choose to do, remember to have fun, be an explorer and eat that damn baguette! 

No comments :

Post a Comment