Wednesday 8 November 2017

MINI RAW BITES WITH PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE


     Another week went by quickly without me realising it. There are too many things on my mind, but I don't think it's because of how "Oh look at me, I am so busy right now!" I am. I believe it has more to do with lack of sleep and some missing self-care. The only thing I tend not to forget is...food. Food no matter what is always on my mind. That's why during my internship, I try to make lots of treats and have them at house or take some with me where I work.
     It came to me the other day, that I didn't have anything with chocolate prepared and the plain dark chocolate was becoming too boring to eat almost every day. I wanted to try this recipe for a long time and now I had some really good dates hanging around in my pantry waiting to be eaten. So, then I realised that I should try making some raw and healthier kind of "snickers". Yeah, you read that right. Snickers! My favourite type of candy in childhood and still (although I almost don't eat it anymore).



     If you have some extra time in your hands, try to make this one. I find that the whole recipe is almost meditating and relaxing. There is something about the feeling of making something with your hands I cannot explain. The same happens to me when I crack open peanut shells. This recipe, however, is more enjoyable and delicious as simple peanuts. It is also vegan-friendly, for anyone going Vegan any time soon or is already. A lot of people in my Instagram feed are giving it a go this week, so maybe this recipe is perfect for them as well.

Mini raw bites with Peanut Butter and Chocolate

ingredients (for 15 bites)

15 large Medjool dates
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter and some more
100 gr dark chocolate
1 tablespoon coconut oil
pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper

How do I make it?

1. First step, take out the pit off the dates using a sharp knife.Slice the date in the middle and simply take out the pit. If they are unpitied, you can skip this step.
2. With a small teaspoon, take one date, try opening it slightly and put a tiny amount of peanut butter inside. You need about half teaspoon for each date.
3. Repeat the same step for every date. When you are done, put all the dates on a plate or small pan and put them in the freezer for 1 hour.
4. After an hour, in a large pan put the chocolate and coconut oil. On medium heat, melt the chocolate until it has a nice consistency. Remove from heat once melted.
5. Take out the dates and dip each inside the melted chocolate. Using a spoon try to move around the date and coat the whole thing in chocolate.
6. Place again each chocolate coated date on a pan with paper parchment. Put in the fridge for at least an hour or best overnight.


2 comments :

  1. Great post! I never really thought about it but the best posts are always "Do" posts.
    Honey
    Thanks for the ideas!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I'm glad that you liked the recipe and I hope you try it soon!

      Delete