Tuesday 14 March 2017

CHOCOLATE MINI TARTS WITH CACAO AND PISTACHIOS



     Hello, dear followers. This is a very happy time for me to post in this blog, which has kept me inspired and sane for about two and a half years until now. If you have been a loyal reader or happened to come in my blog since last December, you might have known that I was nominated for the "Best Cooking" category in this year's Food Blog Awards hosted by the greek gourmet magazine "Vima Gourmet". Since then I managed to create two very tasty recipes that I honestly suggest you to try. They were both made containing a secret but powerful ingredient.. beer. Yes, people, beer. So, don't drink it, but rather pour it into the bowl. If you feel like this weekend, make some Beer Pancakes with Red Pepper and Deli Meat to share with your guests or if you are more into savoury breads, then give this Garlic, Ham and Swiss Cheese Beer Bread a go. 
     Now to the exciting news. The exciting news are that I WON!!! Yes! My first ever nomination in a Food Blog Contest was a successful one! It was quite a surprise for as there were many other great blogs co-participating in the contest and there were times when I didn't believe in myself or the blog. For this reason, I want to thank everyone of you who encourages me everyday with sweet messages, my family and friends who support me and of course "Vima Gourmet" magazine who organised the contest. 



     In order to celebrate these awesome news, I decided to make a special recipe that is easy to make, but tastes so damn great. I mean, it's chocolate! How is it ever going to taste bad? These mini tarts can be offered as a gift to a friend or as a small treat to yourself. What I love about this recipe is the silkiness of the chocolate ganache and the sweetness of the brandy. Plus, dusting the top of the tarts with some extra unsweetened cacao gives this a bittersweet taste you will love.



Chocolate mini tarts with cacao and pistachios

ingredients


12-15 tart shells
250ml heavy cream
250gr dark chocolate in small pieces(at least 70%)
1 shot of brandy
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

to serve: 1/2 cup crushed pistachios and raw cacao powder

How do I make it?

1. Put your chocolate in a large bowl. In a saucepan heat your heavy cream until it starts to slightly boil. Once it starts to boil, close the heat and pour the heavy cream into the bowl of chocolate and start mixing with a spatula. Do this until all of chocolate has melted and you get a silky mixture.
2. Pour in the brandy and sea salt and continue mixing for a bit until everything is mixed well together. Get your tart shells ready in line on a big baking pan or any other surface you want. Using a spoon, fill the shells with the chocolate mixture up to the top. Do this for all the shells and then leave them cool a bit.
3. Ideally, you can put your mini tarts in the fridge for 2 hours or leave them overnight to chill. Once they have chilled, get them out of the fridge and using a shifter top them with raw cacao powder. To finish, garnish with some chopped salted pistachios (or other nuts you like).

No comments :

Post a Comment