Friday 5 May 2017

CREAMY AVOCADO PESTO FARFALLE


     Lately I've been into pasta more than I've been into cakes for a weird reason, which is totally not myself. I try to stay away from creamy sauces, because I prefer red sauces to be honest and more recently I fell in love with pesto sauce once again. During the Lent before Easter time, I became familiar with it (minus the parmesan) all over again and tried different varieties of basil and spinach. 
     My last attempt involved a known superfood and champion of instagram, avocado. In 2017, who hasn't tried a delicious avocado toast in the morning? Very few people. Avocado has become so in that it got its own "everything-you-can-eat-with-avocado" restaurant in Amsterdam this year. Can you imagine eating an avocado burger? I mean, this fruit (yeah, it's a fruit) is so creamy when it's ready to be eaten, that I think it would fall apart in my hands. But anytime I'm going back to Amsterdam, I will check it out no matter what. 



     This healthy recipe is for everyone and especially people who like light tastes and go easy with the garlic. For ladies, it's a very quick solution for weekdays, when you want to eat something that doesn't taste like plastic and is also good for you. For me, I used whole wheat farfalle, but you can use plain farfalle if you find the taste a bit strange. Whole wheat pasta tend to be harder to chew and have a kind of bitter taste.

Creamy Avocado Pesto farfalle


ingredients (for 2 persons)

1 medium ripe avocado 
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup basil leaves
1/4 cup roasted pine nuts or walnuts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup grated parmesan
2 cups whole wheat farfalle 

How do I make it?

1. Boil your farfalle according to the instructions on the package. 
2. In a food processor, put the basil leaves, olive oil, garlic cloves, roasted pine nuts, salt and avocado. To carve the avocado, cut it in half with a sharp knife (be careful of the seed in the middle), use a spoon to take out the flesh of the avocado and throw the seed away. Mix all the ingredients really well for about 2 minutes. If needed stop the processor and scrape the sides of it.
3. In a big bowl, put the boiled farfalle and the sauce you made in the previous step. Use two spoons and mix very well so that the pesto goes everywhere.
4. Serve into two bowls and sprinkle some parmesan or walnuts on top if you want to.



No comments :

Post a Comment