Monday 23 January 2017

GREAN TEA, BRANDY AND ALMONDS BISCOTTI DIPPED INTO CHOCOLATE GANACHE


    I'll admit it. I am a sucker for popular, good marketed, simple branded beauty products. I might purchase from time to time things I don't need and use them not very frequently. The reason for doing this? I don't know. Curiosity to see what the big thing is about these products? Or maybe trying to feel a bit luxurious in everyday life. Nevertheless, I recently got my eyes again on Aesop and have been googling since yesterday reviews about their products and reading about the founders of this Australian beauty company. Maybe you will see me Instagram about them very soon...
     In other news I am happy to announce that I joined my Instagram friend Anastasia in her new online magazine called "Natbee's"  where I will be adding my own tasty and gourmet side of life. She is blogging from moody, but beautiful Aberdeen and she is a very nice person to talk to and follow on instagram. Be sure to check out my posts over there. I will share a few of my recipes from my blog over there and others exclusively for Natbee's.





     The other day I was having some serious matcha tea cravings. Since the beggining of January I drink a matcha tea with a little bit of honey almost everyday. In the beggining it was a bit too strong for me, especially without the honey. Then, I started to get used to the grean tea taste. So, the idea for this recipe for biscotti came to me after a conversation I had with a bestie here in Zurich on matcha tea cake and how she struggled to make the cake rise... but this story will be told in another post.
     These biscotti are so easy to make. Recipe was inspired by my first biscotti recipe, which was a big success around the house, so I decided to go with that one. I added some grean tea, brandy instead of amaretto and toasted almonds once again because I love them so much. The special part of these biscotti is the final one. The dipping into some hot and melted chocolate ganache. I tell you, chocolate goes with ANYTHING! It's like feta cheese with savoury meals. I cannot find one single meal I wouldn't eat feta with. I even eat it with fish. 




Green tea, brandy and almonds biscotti dipped into chocolate ganache

ingredients (for 20 biscotti)

60 gr melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup toasted almonds chopped
2 tablespoons brandy
1 teaspoon matcha powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
150gr fine dark chocolate 

How do I make it?

1. In a medium bowl mix together the melted butter, brandy, sugar, vanilla extract and the egg really well until they are well combined. Then, add the toasted almonds which you have lightly chopped.
2. Next step, add the flour, baking powder and matcha powder in small doses as you mix together until a fine dough is formed. It will be slightly sticky but soft. Cover the bowl and keep it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat your oven to 175 C and cover a pan with some baking paper. Take your dough from the fridge and in a floured surface start lightly kneeding it. Form a medium loaf size dough and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. 
4. Take the pan out of the over and let the loaf cool down for 10 to 15 minutes. With a sharp knife start cutting the loaf in small slices and place the slices on the pan with the big surface downwards. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes. 
5. Let the biscotti cool and melt 150 gr of fine dark chocolate. Dip one end of the biscotti into the chocolate and with the help of a spoon try to lather the biscotti from all sides (as in pictures). Do the same with all biscotti or leave them plain.








No comments :

Post a Comment